Friday, September 03, 2010

Yesterday

I broke my ass. I pushed my limit. I'm so proud of myself. We're doing hypertrophy for the next 6 weeks. 3-4 sets, 12 to 15 reps, a minute or less rest between sets. Wanted to start at 45 minute sessions. After 30 minutes, I could tell almost every muscle felt like cramping. So much pain. So exhilarating. I always wonder whether I push myself hard enough. I want to stay injury free, and with the hip and shoulder... I never quite meet that edge. But I was doing the squats and I could barely make it up the stairs. I was doing the crunches and my entire stomach was screaming. Then I did some chins and when I went to write it down my right arm and forearm were locked. I couldn't believe it. I looked down at it for nearly 10 seconds before I had to pry it loose with my left hand. I saw the line and stepped over it yesterday. I want to do it again. I want to soon, but I have to pace myself. Don't burn out!

P.S. My thighs are killing me. I can almost feel the busted strands of muscle waiting to be replaced with the fibers that will make my kicks faster:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home